Responsible for greeting incoming clients and visitors, relaying incoming phone calls, and performing various clerical duties in a professional manner.
- Answer multi-line telephone system, take accurate messages, screen and direct telephone calls to the appropriate person in an efficient manner.
- Greet and identify patients and visitors as they enter the office in reference to the daily schedule and obtain additional patient information as needed.
- Request patients and visitors be seated in the waiting room in a courteous manner and communicate unexpected delays when necessary.
- Review patient charts to ensure proper documentation and information are enclosed in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Acquire necessary medical records and documents for patient charts by communicating via telephone, facsimile or in person with other office locations or office personnel.
- Maintain a neat and organized waiting room and order supplies as needed.
- Schedule patients for appointments and “re-call” appointments in an efficient and productive manner.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Receive payments from patients for services rendered and prepare bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Maintain accounts receivable records and place necessary collection calls to patients and insurance companies in a professional manner.
- Create financial arrangements with patients for all treatment.
- Enter financial transactions and miscellaneous correspondence on computer.
- Maintain exam rooms in a neat and clean manner at all times.
- Comply with patient needs at all times.
- Escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Review patient charts to ensure they contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for Physicians’ use.
- Alert Physicians of patients’ allergies prior to beginning exams.
- Assist Physicians with injections and/or other procedures as necessary.
- Monitor supply levels, and replace as needed.
- Instruct patients regarding information needed once they leave the office to include: medication usage and therapy instruction.21. Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Technical Communication
- Telephone Etiquette
- Customer Relations
- Math Aptitude
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Medical Assistant Certification (If Applicable)
Prior secretarial experience beneficial.